82-year-old robbed at Giant Eagle, suspect arrested | News
MACEDONIA, OH (WOIO)- A 43-year-old charged with robbing an elderly woman at the Macedonia Giant Eagle.
It happened August 5 at the store on East Aurora Road.
The 82-year-old woman was knocked to the ground during the robbery and was injured.
Bystanders were able to intervene and assisted in fending off the attacker. The Sheriff's Office was given a description of the robber and her vehicle.
On Wednesday, August 22, a Summit County Sheriff's Deputy noticed a vehicle in Northfield Center Township that matched the description of the robber's vehicle and the driver matched the description of the suspect. The Deputy contacted Sheriff's Detectives and initiated an investigation.
The driver of the vehicle was identified as Kimberly Tromski. Detectives were able to identify Tromsky as the suspect responsible for the robbery on August 5.
Tromski was charged with Robbery and Felonious Assault and was subsequently booked into the Summit County Jail.
Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City of Bedford to Host Annual Christmas in Bedford Falls Event
- Dominion reminds customers of PUCO winter reconnection order & energy assistance programs
- Bedford children's fall festival
- Browns celebrate National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October
- BBB serving greater Cleveland with scam alert text service